Welcome to C.A.T.C.H. Resources, Inc.
Scenario: Missing Family Member
What Should I Do
1. Don’t panic! You need to be clear headed to consider your actions, options and resources.
2. Gather recent photos and dental records.
3. Write down the date of disappearance and a description of the missing person; height, weight, color of eyes and hair, age and birth date, birthmarks and other identifying items; scars, tatoos, rings. The clothing the missing was wearing could also be important. Worn clothing can provide DNA. Even interests and talents could be helpful in locating your missing person.
4. Write down names, addresses and phone numbers of people who the missing was with the last time they were seen and where the loved one was when they disappeared.
5. If a child or adult has just wandered away from home, you need to call law enforcement and/or an agency who can help you do a search.
6. Now report your missing loved one to the agencies who can help you. There are many organizations who can help.
7. If internet savvy, check the missing’s email communications. Amber Alert, Porchlight International, Peace4 The Missing, The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, the Runaway Switchboard are just some of the internet and public organizations which can help. You could publish information about your missing family member on Squidoo, Blogger, Twitter, Facebook, My Space, Google Plus and any other social networks.
8. Stay busy and avoid unnecessary worry.
9. Report any new communications from or locations of the missing to the selected agencies.
C.A.T.C.H. Resources, Inc., aka Center 4 Missing Children & Adults (C4MCA) is an organization ready to help you. Our crisis line is at the top of this website. We can do physical searches. Our services are free and we are a registered 501(c)(3) charity. The organization is completely staffed by volunteers. If contacted as 1st responder, CATCH will even report your missing loved one to your local law enforcement and act as your liaison. CATCH has helped 100’s of families.
OTHER RESOURCES AND INFO
Trafficking In America Task Force